- On this Site.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Site.
- If applicable, through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Site, which provides dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Site.
- If applicable, through mobile and desktop links provided by the Provider to this Site.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- The Provider offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Provider or any third party including our Affiliates; or
- Any third party including our Affiliates, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Services.
1. Use by Users Outside the United States
2. Agreement and your consent
3. Scope of Policy
4. The Information We Collect
The Services offer or exchange business information about the Provider and its Affiliates. The Provider provides goods and services to businesses in need of shipping and logistics services including facilitating communications and information sharing among the Provider, its Affiliates, brokers, independent sales agents (“Agents”), independent truck drivers, and independent carriers (“Carriers”). The type of information we collect from users of the Services includes information by which an individual may be identified (“personal information”) such as their first and last name, email address, address, and telephone number. We also collect business information from users, and information by which users cannot be individually identified, such as information about a user’s computer, Internet connection, and Services usage.
We collect this information when you directly provide it to us, such as if you request information through the Services, register with the Services, sign up for a service, provide us with Suggestions, share User Shared Content with the Services, or if you send us information via email. We use commercially reasonable means to identify when information is being collected and the purpose for which it is being collected. When appropriate we may ask you for your affirmative consent to provide us with personal information. However, we do not guarantee that affirmative consent will be requested from each user of the Services. IF YOU DO NOT WANT US TO COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM YOU, DO NOT PROVIDE IT TO US.
We also collect information automatically as users navigate through and utilize the Services, including about a user’s equipment, browsing and usage actions and patterns of the Services including as follows:
- We record general statistical and tracking information, such as the date and time the Services are accessed, the features of the Service viewed or utilized, and the time spent using the Services.
- We receive and record information about a user’s computer and its systems and in our server logs from a user’s browser, including an IP address (the Internet address of a computer), identification of the computer and its systems, the type and version of the web browser, referrer addresses and other server log information.
IF YOU DO NOT WANT US TO COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOUR COMPUTER OR MOBILE DEVICE DO NOT USE THE SERVICES.
We also may, but are not obligated to, monitor your use of the Services.
5. Our Use and Disclosure of this Information
This Site is for use within the United States, Canada and Mexico. If you are accessing the Services from the European Union, the Service is not intended for your use. We may use the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us as set forth above, including your personal information, as follows:
- For any the Provider and/or its Affiliates’ business purpose;
- To provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information to us;
- To notify you about changes in the Services, its governing documents, or any products or services we offer through the Services;
- To allow you to participate in interactive sections of the Services;
- To inform you about our and/or our Affiliates’ programs, goods and services and/or those of third parties in which we determine you may be interested;
- To communicate with you about your use of the Services and regarding the Provider and its Affiliates’ business;
- For any other purpose to which you consent;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- To aggregate user information; and
- To present our Services and its contents to you We may also use and disclose to others the information we gather from you, including your personal information, as follows:
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide the information, for any other purpose disclosed when you provide the information, and for any purpose to which you consent.
- We may disclose your information to Affiliates of the Provider and allow them to use and disclose your information for any the Provider and/or its Affiliates’ business purpose.
- We may employ other companies, services providers and our own Affiliates to perform functions on the Provider’s behalf, such as maintaining the Services, providing services related to the Services, collecting information, responding to and sending electronic mail, fulfilling orders for products, services or information, or other functions necessary to our business, and we may disclose your information to these companies so that they can perform their functions for us.
- We may use and disclose your information as we view necessary or prudent to protect our and our Affiliates’ safety, rights and/or property and that of others and other users, to enforce and/or to report abuse or violation of the Services’s governing documents, and in connection with our obligations under the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”).
- We may use and disclose your information to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and/or our Affiliates.
- We may use and disclose your information to the extent we believe we are required to do so by law, including to comply with any court order, law or legal process, and to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- We may transfer and disclose your information in connection with a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the assets of the Provider and/or one of its Affiliates, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which the information held by the Provider and/or the Affiliate is among the assets transferred.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Provider, Agents, BCOs, intendent third party motor carriers, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- We will dispose of your information when it is no longer useful for the purposes for which it was provided to us by you.
We may compile statistical and aggregated information about users of the Services and their use of the Services, and we may use, disclose and transfer this information, as well as any information that does not identify an individual, and any Suggestions you provide, for any purpose without restriction.
We have put in place security systems designed to prevent unauthorized disclosure of information you provide to us. These systems are structured to deter and prevent hackers and others from accessing this information. Due to the nature of Internet communications and evolving technologies, however, we cannot provide, and we hereby disclaim, assurance that the information you provide us will remain free from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties who, despite our efforts, obtain unauthorized access.
With respect to some services we provide customers, we may expressly agree at the time such services are requested to provide different, specific and higher levels of security and data segregation. In addition, in particular circumstances, when you submit certain information to us through the Services, we may agree in connection with such information to provide additional protections to, and restrictions upon our use of, your personal information. For example, if you apply to qualify to join our network in a different capacity, the application materials may make additional commitments to you as set forth in such materials.
Unfortunately, and for the avoidance of doubt, the transmission and storage of information via the Internet and physical means is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information exchanged through the Services. Any transmission of information, including but not limited to personal information provided by you, is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures associated with the Services.
7. Relationship to Other Contracts
The Service is not directed to or intended to be used by persons under the age of 18, and the Provider does not knowingly collect personal information from persons under the age of 18. If we learn that a person under 18 has provided us with personal information through this Service, we will delete this information from our databases.
9. Updating Contact and Personal Information
11. General Data Protection Regulation
If you are a resident of the European Union, you may have additional rights pursuant to your local law applicable to the collection and processing of personal information. If you believe that the Provider or an Affiliate is collecting personal information under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), and your personal information is processed based on legitimate interests pursuant to the GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing on grounds relating to your specific situation. Under GDPR you may also have the right to request to have your personal information deleted or restricted and ask for portability of your personal information.
You can request to access, update or correct your personal information. You also have the right to object to direct marketing.
In the event you consider our processing or control of your personal information subject to the GDPR and not compliant with an applicable data protection law, you can lodge a complaint:
- Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Filing a complaint directly with the competent data protection authority. The name and contact details of the Data Protection Authorities in the European Union can be found here: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
12. Contact Us
By mail: Supply Chain Mgmt Inc.3524 SILVERSIDE RD STE 35BWILMINGTON, DE, 19810-4929
By e-mail: email@example.com
To register a complaint or concern, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
CANADA PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Statement applies to all personal information received by the Provider from Canada, in any format, including electronic, paper or verbal.
For purposes of this Statement only, the following definitions shall apply:“Agent” means any party that collects or uses personal information under the instructions of, and solely for, the Provider, or as to which the Provider discloses personal information for use on the Provider’s behalf.“the Provider” means the Provider as previously defined.“Personal information” means any personally identifiable information. Personal information does not include information that is anonymized.
3. PRIVACY PRINCIPLESCONSENT, COLLECTION AND USE
The Provider identifies the purposes for collecting personal information at or before the time it is collected and informs individuals of the choice and means, if any, the Provider offers individuals for limiting the collection, use or disclosure of their personal information. The Provider will provide individuals with reasonable mechanisms to exercise these choices.The Provider will not collect, use or disclose your personal information without your informed consent, unless required or permitted to do so by law, or unless otherwise noted in this Statement. The Provider will only use and/or disclose personal information in accordance with the purpose for which it was collected, unless subsequently consented to, or when required or permitted by law.If the Provider receives personal information from its subsidiaries, affiliates or other entities in Canada, it will use and disclose such information in accordance with the consent received by such entities at the time of collection and the choices made by the individuals to whom such personal information relates.ONWARD TRANSFERSThe Provider will obtain assurances from its Agents and any third party to whom the Provider discloses personal information that such Agent and/or third party will safeguard personal information consistently with this Statement. The Provider will enter into a contract with such Agent and/or third party prior to affecting a transfer of personal information, which contract will provide at least the same level of protection as is required by this Statement and by applicable privacy legislation. Where the Provider has knowledge that an Agent and/or third party is using or disclosing personal information in a manner contrary to this Statement, the Provider will take reasonable steps to prevent or stop the use or disclosure of the personal information and/or to obtain the Agent’s and/or third party’s deletion, destruction, anonymization or return of the personal information.SECURITYThe Provider will take reasonable precautions to protect personal information in its possession from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration and destruction.DATA INTEGRITYThe Provider will use personal information only in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. The Provider will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, complete, and current. Except as otherwise permitted or required by law, personal information is retained for so long as is reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, at which point it is deleted, destroyed, returned or otherwise anonymized. ACCESS Upon request, the Provider will grant individuals reasonable access to personal information that it holds about them. In addition, the Provider will take reasonable steps to permit individuals to correct, amend, or delete information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete. These requests can be made by contacting the Provider as provided below. ENFORCEMENTthe Provider will conduct compliance audits of its relevant privacy practices to verify adherence to this Statement. The Provider will use contractual or other means to ensure that its Agents provide a comparable level of protection over your personal information while the information is being processed by such parties. Only employees whose duties require access to personal information are granted such access, and only to the extent necessary. Employees are accountable for ensuring this Statement is followed at all times. Any employee that the Provider determines intentionally violates this Statement will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
4. RELATIONSHIP TO OTHER CONTRACTS
The terms of this Privacy Statement do not affect or amend the terms of any specific contract(s) you have entered or may enter into with the Provider or its Affiliates, and your and the Provider’s (or its Affiliates’) respective obligations thereunder, except as otherwise expressly set forth in such contract(s).
5. GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
This Statement, and the handling of personal information under this Statement, is governed solely by the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, to the exclusion of any rules of private international law or conflict of laws which would lead to the application of any other laws.the Provider is based in the state of Texas in the United States. As a result, personal information may be processed, used, stored or accessed in the United States and may be subject to laws of that jurisdiction. For example, information may be disclosed in response to valid demands or requests from government authorities, courts, or law enforcement in these countries. In particular, information that is processed, used, stored or accessed in the United States may be subject to the Patriot Act and applicable anti-terrorism legislation, together with other legislation applicable within the United States. Any questions or concerns regarding the use or disclosure of personal information should be directed to the Provider at the address given below. The Provider will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding collection, use and disclosure of personal information in accordance with the principles contained in this Statement. Any claim or cause of action you may have arising from, connected with, or relating to this Statement or to the Provider’s handling of your personal information, or any related matters must be commenced within six (6) months after the claim or cause of action arises, after which time the claim or cause of action is forever barred, regardless of any statute or law to the contrary.
6. CONTACT INFORMATION
Questions, comments, or requests related to your use of the Services, regarding this Statement, and the Provider’s information handling policies and procedures should be submitted to the Provider’s Corporate Communications department by mail or e-mail as follows:
By mail: Supply Chain Mgmt Inc., 3524 SILVERSIDE RD STE 35B, WILMINGTON, DE, 19810-4929
By e-mail: email@example.com
7. CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
Any changes to this Statement and to the Provider’s information handling practices will be acknowledged in this Statement in a timely manner. The Provider may add, modify or remove portions of this Statement when it feels that it is appropriate to do so. For substantive changes, the Provider will make reasonable efforts to give notice of any changes to this Statement. The Provider may provide notifications of substantive changes prominently on its website and/or send an email or other form of communication notifying individuals of substantive changes to the Statement. Substantive changes to the Statement will be binding thirty (30) days after such changes have been introduced and for which notification of such substantive changes has been made. The date when this Statement was most recently amended is noted at the top of this Statement.
MEXICO – PRIVACY NOTICE
(This Policy Statement was last updated August 14, 2019)
The Provider (“the Provider”) recognizes the importance of protecting personal data in accordance with the laws of Mexico. This Privacy Notice sets forth how we collect, use and process personal data in numeric, alphabetical, graphic, photographic, acoustic or any other form concerning an identified or identifiable individual (“Personal Data”). The items contained in this Privacy Notice are required by Mexico’s Federal Law on the Protection of Personal Data Held by Private Parties (“Data Protection Law”), its regulation and other applicable provisions.
- The Provider is considered the “Data Controller” pursuant to the Data Protection Law.
- We will not collect financial, property or sensitive data from you without your express consent. Sensitive data is information related with state of health, medical history, impairments, medical requirements, allergies, results of psychometric tests, gender, marital status, bank accounts, records and affiliations.
- When express consent is required, we will provide you with a simple and free-of-charge means of providing express consent.
- If you have a legal relationship with the Provider, your express consent is not required for processing financial, property or other Personal Data as strictly required by for the relationship.
- You may revoke your express consent for the use of your Personal Data at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and providing sufficient information so that we can comply with your request. In any case, said application must clearly detail the data or purposes for which your consent is revoked.
- The Personal Data collected is minimally necessary to provide you with useful information through access to the Services.
- Your Personal Data may be transferred to third parties or outside of Mexico to offer you goods or services in accordance with your use of the Services.
- Your consent is not necessary when transfers are done to the Provider´s Affiliates, when transfers are necessary to comply with the obligations derived from the relationship with the Provider.
- This Privacy Notice does not apply to corporations or individuals accessing the Services as businessmen and woman and professionals.
- We will retain your Personal Data only as long as necessary to facilitate your use of the Services or services related to the Services.