- Swift capital upfront
- Partnership with Triumph Business Capital
- Expert support to all our clients
Factoring Services for Trucking Companies
It’s challenging enough operating a business — especially a small one or if you’re just starting out — and maintaining a reliable, steady cash flow can mean the difference between sinking or swimming. Unpaid invoices throw a huge wrench into the works, especially if you depend on the incoming funds for payroll or rent. That’s why Logity Dispatch has teamed up with Triumph Business Capital to provide our clients with factoring services that can make all the difference in the way they do business.
Why You Should Consider a Truck Factoring Service
Truck factoring — also known as freight factoring — allows carriers and owner-operators to turn unpaid invoices into cash. Essentially, a third-party factoring company for trucking will effectively buy those outstanding accounts receivable at an advance rate of usually 80% to 90% of the value and then collect on those unpaid invoices themselves. Factoring in the trucking industry means someone else takes the risk of non-payment. For many trucking companies, even getting a discounted amount for invoices is well worth getting the factoring services for trucking companies since they have immediate funds with which they can pay overhead costs or even take on additional work to make more money.
The Benefits of Factoring for Trucking Companies
We’ve touched on a few of the benefits of factoring for a trucking company, but let’s break these down in more detail. It’s not unusual for drivers to feel a little reluctant to part with a portion of their profits, and this is a necessary fact of working with a factoring service for the trucking industry. However, the small amount of lost profit can actually lead to serious advantages for businesses and drivers and can even see you increasing your profits over the long term.
- Swift capital upfront
There can often be a lag between taking on a job and then getting paid for it. While this is not always a problem — for example, while business is good and while company revenue is high — it can cause serious disadvantages for drivers in leaner times. It’s also not fair, as the truck driver has held up their end of the deal and has still not been paid.
With factoring, there is no such concern. Money is paid upfront by the third-party factoring company, and the truck driver receives their capital up swiftly and without delay.
- A more reliable source of revenue
Forecasting and projecting for the future can be difficult for truck drivers. Even when orders are coming in, it is likely that many of the payments on these orders will be delayed, meaning that drivers cannot predict precisely when they will receive the money that is owed to them. This is a major issue, particularly when it comes to securing loans or investment for business growth projects. To put it simply, a lack of reliability makes it hard for truck drivers and owner-operators to grow their business in the way they’d like.
With a truck factoring service, this uncertainty is removed. When taking on factored orders and jobs, drivers are securing a reliable stream of income. They can then use this reliable income stream to prove their annual revenue, which makes it easier to attract investors, qualify for loans, and expand the scope and capability of the business.
- Flexibility in terms of income
Some drivers may not like the idea of accepting a factored order. After all, when accepting this kind of order, the driver can only expect to receive around 80% or 90% of the total cost of the order, which may seem unfair as it is the driver who is doing the actual driving. However, the idea of factoring services for a trucking company or driver is that they accept this discounted rate so that they can connect with a more reliable payment.
This gives you flexibility as a truck driver or owner-operator. You can accept factored orders that provide you with a baseline of income — a regular stream of revenue that you can put your faith in. Then, you can enhance this revenue by taking on other orders at full payment. As your situation changes and you become more or less risk-averse, you may decide to shift the ratio one way or another — the choice is yours, thanks to this increased flexibility.
- Reduced risk
An unreliable payment schedule is one thing, but the risk of not getting paid at all is an even more serious concern for truck drivers. Disputes with clients, unscrupulous customers, and a whole host of other factors can contribute to the risk of non-payment. For small trucking businesses or for truck driver owner-operators, this can be catastrophic. Too many businesses have run into serious trouble because they cannot secure the payments they are entitled to.
This is obviously a major benefit for truck drivers. With a truck factoring service, the risk of non-payment is taken on by someone else. You do not need to worry about receiving the money due to you, and you can focus on other — more positive — aspects of running your business.
How Trucking Factoring Works
The general process you encounter with trucking factoring is as follows:
- You invoice your client for work done.
- You assign unpaid invoices to a truck factoring service. If you are doing contract factoring (high volume), you are assigning all your unpaid invoices to the trucking factoring company. If you are going by way of spot factoring for trucking (low volume), you decide which invoices you will assign for truck factoring services.
- The truck factoring company pays you the agreed-upon advance. Once everything is set up, this can be as soon as within 24 hours.
- Your client pays the truck factoring service — it is now the responsibility of the factoring company to chase down clients for payment.
- Once the invoice is paid, the factoring company will take its fee cut and then send you the balance.
Other Considerations for Truck Factoring Services
Your agreement for truck factoring services can be a recourse agreement or a non-recourse agreement. If you have a recourse agreement and your customers do NOT pay their invoices, you are required to buy them back. The trucking factoring company may even charge additional fees. If you have a non-recourse agreement, once the factoring company is assigned the unpaid invoices, they belong to the factoring company. If the clients don’t pay, it is no longer your problem. As a consequence, the rates charged by factoring companies tend to be higher for non-recourse agreements.
Factoring for Trucking: Pros and Cons
As with any important business decision, whether you decide to use a truck factoring service depends on your business model, scale of operations, and how much risk you want to assume.
Some of the pros of truck factoring include:
- Few qualification requirements – This type of invoice factoring revolves around how creditworthy your clients are, so you won’t have many qualification requirements.
- Almost immediate funding – Instead of waiting for the invoice due date to come and go before receiving the monies owing to you, you can get most of the sum upfront through the factoring company.
- The more your business grows, the more financing you can get – This is because the value of the invoices you assign determines the amount of your advance. So, as you get more established, your advances can become larger.
Some of the cons of hiring a trucking factoring company include:
- It can be expensive – In exchange for getting funds in advance through the trucking factoring service, you lose a portion of the sum owed to you (that is, the factoring company’s discount rate).
- It can end up costing more if your client doesn’t pay the invoice – If you have a recourse factoring agreement, you are obligated to buy back the invoice if the customer doesn’t pay, and you will likely have to pay a fee to the factoring company.
Why Choose Logity Dispatch’s Factoring Services for Your Trucking Company
There are many factors that lead drivers to choose Logity Dispatch and the factoring services we offer to our customers. We’ve compiled a few of the most important factors for you to help you make your choice and learn more about what makes us the best in the business.
- We are focused on protecting our clients’ profits
Here at Logity Dispatch, we have always been all about our clients and their profits. We help our clients get the very best from truck factoring services and enjoy the benefits that these services offer. You can rely on us to put you first.
- We have a strong track record of success
We already have a large number of clients who come to us for truck factoring services. These clients are making the most of the potential that freight factoring offers and are bolstering their businesses, improving flexibility, and planning for the future in the process. We invite you to join this growing family.
- We understand the trucking industry and all that it entails
You need to know that you are working with a team that really understands your field, your industry, and what you do. Here at Logity Dispatch, we are proud to be that team. We know this industry inside out, and we are also experts when it comes to factoring and helping our clients get the best from this. You can trust us to be on your side and in your corner.
- We partner with the best
We are proud to be working alongside Triumph Business Capital. Triumph gives us the means required to offer highly effective trucking factoring services to our clients and to connect these clients with all kinds of advantages. Together with our partners at Triumph Business Capital, we are the factoring company that truck drivers can rely on — we are committed to helping you and your business achieve more when you are out on the road.
- We provide expert support to all our clients
The best services are always backed up by the best support. We are serious about this at Logity Dispatch, and we are always on hand to provide guidance and assistance and answer any questions you might have regarding our service. You can reach out to us at any time, and we will be there for you.
Learn More About Our Truck Factoring Services or Get Started Today
For many trucking companies, the ability to retain factoring services helps keep them in business and maintain a healthy cash flow so their businesses can grow. Since Logity Dispatch is all about helping owner-operators make and keep more money, we have partnered with Triumph Business Capital, which can provide the factoring services you need to get ahead.
Contact us today to find out whether factoring makes sense for your business.
Logity Dispatch's job is to provide the best loads in the market for every driver. Our expert team ensures that drivers from any region and state get high-quality and best-paying loads.
Logity Dispatch is Awesome-
This company is everything a truck driver should expect from a dispatch company. They negotiate with the brokers to get great rates, they call you to offer loads for the next day and they handle getting revised rate confirmation for detention pay & lay overs. I'm glad to have them working for our company!
Place my trucking business in Logity Dispatch's hands and haven't needed another dispatcher since. Outstanding Communication, very knowledgeable of the business, and they don't break the bank on percentage. Worth way more than other companies charging 10+ percent. Thank you, guys.
Logity has been very good for my trucking company, very strong negotiators.
We have been working with Logity Dispatch for a year now and I have nothing but good things to say. The service these guys provide is awesome and I don't need to waste my time searching for loads, billing and all that stuff. Communication, support, market knowledge are on high level and these guys worth the percentage they charge.
Very simply, we buy you time so you can make more money. Most owners-operators get into this business to drive loads and make money, then find themselves bogged down by all the paperwork, regulatory requirements, and negotiations — things that keep you from doing what actually makes you money. By taking on all the business support activities you would like to offload, Logity Dispatch allows your business to run efficiently — and for you to take on more loads. In addition, when it comes to negotiating, we aim to get you the best rates for your loads, so you get to put more money in your pocket.
Surprisingly, no. If you want to recruit capable and competent talent, you need to develop and undergo a pretty vigorous recruitment process, which takes time and — if you need the services of headhunters — money. Even if you find what you are looking for, you will most likely need to provide office space — yet another expenditure — and in some cases, further training. Meanwhile, as many of our clients have admitted, hiring Logity Dispatch turns out to be more cost-effective than even having one full-time dispatcher. Our industry expertise, networks, and experience make us the best at what we do.
Nope. You hire Logity Dispatch on a month-to-month basis. We don't make trucker drivers commit long-term upfront because we believe in earning your business. If you aren't happy, we aren't happy, so we'll work hard for you. But we also believe that all business owners should have the freedom to work with whomever they want. It's important for us to keep that freedom for you.
Signing up with Logity Dispatch is a breeze since you can submit documents to us online.
- First, you sign our Dispatch Carrier Agreement, a document that clearly sets out our responsibilities and our responsibilities. This is meant to protect both of us — it is not a long-term service contract by any means. Our services are month-to-month, and you are not penalized for discontinuing our service.
- You will also need insurance that names Logity Dispatch as the certificate holder. This is common industry practice for shippers, dispatchers, and brokers — it just allows us to conduct business at your behest and on your behalf when you want us to. Make sure the insurance sets out liability as well as cargo coverage.
- We also need the Carrier Set-Up Package and references for the shippers and brokers we work with and for our records. Your MC Permit and signed W9 form should be here as well.
- At Logity Dispatch, we keep impeccable and accurate records — and always maintain compliance with all safety, regulatory, and industry requirements — so we also need a copy of the CDL for each driver we will be dispatching.
We work with Triumph Business Capital, a top invoice factoring company in the US that was founded in 2004.
We provide our clients with truck dispatching, billing, paperwork, factoring service, rate negotiation, IFTA reporting, accounting and other services. You can either choose a comprehensive service package or several products that you need for your business.