The Best Names for Trucks: Selecting the Perfect Option for Your Vehicle
What’s in a truck’s name? Well, just like for humans, choosing the right name for a truck is important. Good trucking names truly reflect the personality of your vehicle and can help you foster a great connection with something that is far more than just a form of transport.
- Top Truck Names: Choosing Creative Trucking Names for Your Vehicle
Truck Names by Color
- Names for Gray Trucks
Names for a Truck Colored Sand
- Names for a Red Truck
- Names for White Trucks
- Names for a Black Truck
- Names for Blue Trucks
- Names for a Silver Truck
- Names for Maroon Trucks
- Names for Yellow Trucks
- Names for Green Trucks
Male and Female Truck Names
- Boy Truck Names
- Female Names for Trucks
- Found a Great Truck Name? Let Logity Dispatch Support Your Journey
Some people prefer funny or unique trucking names that really provoke a response in all that hear it. Other people may prefer something a little different. What you call your vehicle is an inherently personal choice.
We can’t tell you what to choose for your vehicle, but we can provide you with a selection of awesome ideas to help you along your way. Take a look at our lists below.
Top Truck Names: Choosing Creative Trucking Names for Your Vehicle
Truck Names by Color
The color of your vehicle gives it a certain identity or personality, so this may play a big part in your selection. Different colors evoke different emotions, which you can tap into as you decide what to call your truck. While our emotional response to a certain color may be a personal reaction, there are a number of universal color responses and associations that you can draw inspiration from.
Names for Gray Trucks
Gray is sometimes considered to be a boring color, but anyone of this opinion obviously hasn’t seen a cool gray truck. The color gray is largely associated with metal, industrial power, or ethereal mystery. Many of these gray truck names draw inspiration from these elements.
- Iron Man
- Bullet — or Bullitt if you are trying to evoke the timeless cool of Steve McQueen
- Thunder — or Lightning, continuing the storm theme
- Gray Wolf
- Katana — for the classic Japanese sword
- Steely Dan — for fans of classic rock and William Burroughs novels
- Dorian — if you’re into literary puns
- 50 Shades — if you’re feeling a bit cheeky
Names for a Truck Colored Sand
What do you call your sand-colored truck? Well, think of the rolling majesty of the desert and the magical and mystical creatures found there. This should give you plenty to work with as you decide.
- Whirlwind — if you’re looking for something with a bit more ‘zip’ than a sandstorm
- Camel — your vehicle is a beast of burden, after all
- Sonora — like Mojave, for the famous American desert
- Sahara — if you prefer your deserts a little more exotic
- Scorpion — desert animals provide great names for a truck colored sand, and there’s plenty more where that came from
- Jackrabbit — or just plain Jack, if you prefer
Names for a Red Truck
Red is a hot color, associated with fire and heat and light and all that kind of exciting stuff. You definitely want to make these associations when you choose a red truck name. Take a look at some of these options and see if there’s one you like:
- Fireball — an obvious classic
- Firefox — in fact, “fire” plus almost anything will work
- Blood Demon
- Blood and Thunder — the cool sound of the word “blood” is difficult to beat
- Highway to Hell — another one for classic rock fans
- Red Hot
- Red Heat
- Red Shift — for those who are less into classic rock and more into physics, or maybe you’re into both
Names for White Trucks
White is a gentler and more neutral color than something like red, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have some fun with the shade. White truck names provide plenty of scope.
- Casper — on the same ghostly theme
- Pearl — precious stones provide some inspiration
- Great White — a cool shark, and a cool truck name
- Sub Zero
- Betty — Yes, Betty. As in “Betty White”
Names for a Black Truck
Black truck names tend to be a little darker — this is a darker shade after all — and they may carry a little bit more attitude in many cases. Here are some of the best options.
- Knight Rider
- Night-ro — night, and night-puns, provide endless fun
- Dark Knight
- Black Widow
- Black Pearl — for Pirates of the Caribbean fans
- Ace of Spades — classic rock is back for more
- Batmobile — for obvious reasons
Names for Blue Trucks
Blue is the color of the sky, of the ocean, and of incredible views and sights. Blue truck names tend to tap into this source of inspiration.
- Lapis — gemstones provide some of the best truck names
- Blue Devil
- Blue Velvet
- Big Blue
- Beast — like the blue character from X-Men
Names for a Silver Truck
When thinking of the color silver, it is often the precious metal itself that springs to mind. However, silver truck names are not limited to this.
- Silver Surfer
- Iron Man — metal is the perfect inspiration for a silver vehicle
- Iron Maiden — the rock/metal theme is back for more
- Metallic — or Metallica if you prefer catchy metal tunes to inspire your catchy name
- Silver Bullet
- Cutlass — swords or armor inspire creative options
Names for Maroon Trucks
Maroon truck names tend to be warm, or even hot and spicy. In this sense, they are often similar to those used for vehicles colored red. Take a look at these top picks.
- Hot Rod
- Sunset — or Sunrise if you want something more optimistic
- Rufus — derived from an old English word for red
- Chili Pepper — or a similar “spicy” theme
Names for Yellow Trucks
To choose a yellow truck name, you first need to think about what you associate with the color. Glittering gold, the elegance of blonde hair, or the yellow flora and fauna of the natural world — these are all great options.
- The Golden Eagle
- Killer Bee — bees, hornets, and wasps make for interesting points of inspiration
- Yellow Submarine
- Solar Flare
Names for Green Trucks
Green truck names may evoke the natural world, or they may be associated with TV and movie characters. Take a look at some of these picks to gain inspiration.
- Ivy — or Poison Ivy for something with a bit more attitude
- Gaia — natural themes work really well
- Green Lantern
- The Hulk — green superheroes and monsters make for great choices
- Envy — the traditional color of envy is green
Male and Female Truck Names
What gender is your vehicle? While manly truck names are the more traditional option, modern vehicles feature all kinds of different looks and personality types. So, basically, the gender is whatever you want it to be!
Whether you are looking for guy truck names or you prefer sweet girl truck names, you have plenty of options at your disposal.
Boy Truck Names
There are different options to consider when you select a male truck name. Here are just a few:
- Rex — meaning King in Latin
- Hank — a traditionally rugged cowboy moniker
- Hercules — mythology is great for choosing male options
- John Henry — after the famously strong folk hero
- Iron Man — superheroes also provide inspiration
- Dave — if your vehicle feels like a Dave, this is fine
Female Names for Trucks
The guys don’t have to have all the fun. Lots of top truck names are a little on the feminine side. Some drivers like sweet girly truck names, while others prefer something a little funnier or more exciting. It really comes down to personal preference and which names are most suited to the personality of your vehicle — even big trucks can have feminine power too. Take a look at some of these options as you decide on the best girl name for your vehicle.
- Freya — plenty of great options are found in mythology too
- Regina — Queen in Latin
- Wonder Woman
- Catwoman — there are lots of strong female superheroes out there
- Lulu — cute girl trucks can be strong too — Lulu has links to the word warrior in old French
- Memphis Belle — air force planes from the Second World War also provide inspiration for popular truck names
Found a Great Truck Name? Let Logity Dispatch Support Your Journey
Hopefully, this list of cool names for trucks has provided you with the inspiration you need. While the right idea for what to call your vehicle is certainly important, your business needs further support if you are to provide the very best service to customers and clients.